Dental fillings are a common dental option for patients who are struggling with tooth decay or cracked or chipped teeth. With many different types of dental fillings available, you can transform the visual appeal of your teeth.
Bay Street Dental Group offers advanced dental filling services by understanding the priorities of patients. At our clinics, we work to transform your smile through our smart solutions.
We offer white composite dental fillings at our clinic in Port Melbourne. It is one of the most sought-after cosmetic dental services in recent years due to their effectiveness.
What Makes The Composite Tooth Filling Popular?
While traditional dentistry uses silver and other amalgam materials, composite fillings are an option for you to get natural-looking teeth fillings. Silver and other amalgam fillings look odd, unattractive, and visible to others when people smile, talk, or chew.
The white naturally-looking composite is prepared from cosmetic resin. It is a strong, mouldable, and plastic material that can be easily applied and very difficult to detect due to its natural colour. The white material is long lasting and can fill almost all cavities.
Over the last few years, composite tooth filling became a major service in cosmetic dentistry. We also offer services where we replace the existing metal fillings of people with composite fillings. It helps people to achieve more naturally-looking teeth and an option for the improved smile.
Advantages Of Composite Fillings
Compared to traditional fillings, our composite filling services give you a number of benefits.
- These fillings strengthen the tooth whereas metal fillings weaken the tooth.
- They are natural, white, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Composite fillings need less drilling compared to other fillings and can better protect the structure of the tooth.
- Composite fillings usually harden in a few seconds, compared to other metal fillings that take a few days.
- These fillings last about eight years and can easily be repaired if damaged.